AM I ELIGIBLE?
The Greenwood Promise is available to all students who graduate from a public/private high school or an accredited homeschool program whose primary residence is zoned for Districts 50, 51 or 52.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from a public or private high school or an accredited homeschool program.
- Student’s primary residence must be zoned for either Greenwood School District 50, 51 or 52.
- Reside at a residence zoned for an approved District continuously since at least the beginning of 9th grade (school enrollment and residency must be continuous.)
- No minimum GPA requirement upon high school graduation during Phase 1; however, students must qualify for admittance into a two-year technical college.
- Once admitted into The Greenwood Promise program, students must maintain a 2.0 GPA in order to renew.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen/legal permanent resident.
- The student must not be in default on a Federal student loan.
- The student must certify that he or she has never been convicted of any felonies.
- The student must certify that he or she has not been convicted of any second or subsequent alcohol and/or drug-related misdemeanors within the academic year.
HOW DO I APPLY TO RECEIVE A SCHOLARSHIP?
Students must apply online at www.GreenwoodPromise.com during their senior year of high school to receive funds for Fall or Spring enrollment at Piedmont Technical College or another SC technical college if the program of study is not offered at Piedmont Tech. Registration is available online via the Promise Portal.
HOW MUCH WILL I RECEIVE?
The scholarship program provides funds to cover the remaining tuition and mandatory fees for postsecondary education.
- The student must be enrolled full-time, taking a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Summer school and remedial classes will not be covered.
- All funds will be paid directly to the educational institution AFTER the drop/add period of the fall, winter, and spring semester.
Promise award levels are based on length of residency and can be determined using the chart below.
WHERE CAN I USE MY SCHOLARSHIP?
- During Phase 1, Promise funds may be used to attend Piedmont Technical College in Greenwood, S.C. or another SC technical college if the desired program is not offered at Piedmont Tech.
- During Phase 1, Promise scholarships are for certificates, diplomas and associates degrees requiring a minimum of 12 credit hours for completion.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO MAINTAIN MY SCHOLARSHIP THROUGHOUT COLLEGE?
- A student must be enrolled full-time, taking a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- A student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Student must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and State Grant Forms by April 30th each year.
- A student must obtain associates degree or certificate within 3 years of the date of high school graduation (Exceptions to this requirement are granted for military service.)