- Phase 1: tuition assistance for students to obtain a certificate, diploma, or associates degree from Piedmont Technical College (PTC) or one of the other SC technical colleges if a particular major is not offered at PTC.
- Phase 2: includes Phase 1 plus the last two years of a post-secondary education at Lander University or another state-supported institution if the desired degree is not offered at Lander.
- Phase 3: includes Phase 1 and all four years of a bachelor’s degree.
Promise award levels are based on length of residency and can be determined using the chart below.
The full impact of the Promise begins with our children and expands to revitalize the entire community, improve the quality of life, and develop a highly-qualified workforce that will meet the needs of local employers, both now and in the future.
The Promise aims to positively impact the following areas:
- High School Graduation Rates
- Postsecondary Education Attainment
- Workforce Development
- Job Creation
- Increased Residency within Greenwood County
- Crime Rates
- Enhanced Tax Base
Simply put, The Greenwood Promise is an investment in Greenwood’s greatest resource: Our Children!